I graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition where I learned innovative coaching methods, practical lifestyle management techniques, and over 100 dietary theories – Ayurveda, gluten-free, Paleo, raw, vegan, macrobiotics, and everything in between. With my knowledge, we co-create completely personalized actions based on your goals to move you toward your ideal vision of health within your unique body, lifestyle, preferences, and resources. Why did I decide to attend IIN and become a Holistic Health Coach?
Many years ago, I found myself tired, overweight and stressed to the max. My adrenaline and cortisol were always activated and every morning I woke up in a panic as to what the day would entail. I worked in Human Resources for an asset management firm in Philadelphia, commuted to NYC once a week and did not make time for self-care. Yeah, I worked out and I ate well, but I was so stressed all the time that my body couldn’t process anything properly. I also alleviated that stress all too often with happy hours and boozy brunches that set me back. every. single. time. So all of my calorie counting and deprivation diets in addition to cardio sessions (sometimes twice a day) still had me bloated, and 30 pounds heavier than I am today. Once I started putting my mental health first, surprisingly, my physical health began to shift in a positive way as well. I left asset management, moved to Los Angeles, where I always knew I wanted to be (the sunshine and dry weather is my jam), started hiking daily and spending a lot of time in nature, and cut back on self-destructive behaviors like excessive drinking. I also cut a lot of toxic people out of my life. In a year, I lost 30 pounds without really trying. I let go of not the calories weighing me down, but the mental and emotional baggage. Yes, I also eat more whole foods and less processed “health foods”, but the major shift came from my lifestyle. I want nothing more than to spare you the years of trial and error that I had to go through to find balance, and to help you live the life you are meant to live, as your vibrant, glowing, beautiful self.
I studied with the world’s top health and wellness experts including:
- Joshua Rosenthal, founder of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, chair of nutrition at Harvard University
- Andrew Weil, MD, director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- Gabrielle Bernstein, bestselling author and life coach
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, assistant clinical professor at Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Mark Hyman, MD, founder of The UltraWellness Center
- Geneen Roth, Pioneer of Emotional Eating and Empowerment, Bestselling Author
- David Wolfe, raw food leader and nutrition expert
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, Paulette Goddard Professor of Nutrition, Food Studies and Public Health at New York University
- Mark Bittman, food writer for The New York Times and bestselling author
- Joel Fuhrman, MD, family physician and leading expert on nutritional healing
My education has equipped me with extensive, cutting-edge knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and prevention. Drawing on my expertise, I work with my clients to help make lifestyle changes and choose health-promoting ways that produce real and lasting results. You will develop a deeper understanding of food and lifestyle choices that work best for you, improving your energy, balance, health, and happiness.
Each session will leave you feeling inspired and motivated. We will talk about things beyond food, seeking to bring balance to important elements of your life such as love and relationships as well as career and money. I will personally and carefully guide you to make simple, small changes that transform your life. As a coach, I put the power back in YOUR hands.
I’m also living my best beach life in Southern California with my fiance`, our son and our pets Julio and Mango.
As a coach, I put the power back in YOUR hands.
Let’s stay connected!